Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lost at sea

Perry called one day last week and said we should go fishing. After going back and forth on what to do, I finally gave in and said fine. I figured we would walk down the greenbelt and fish from the side of the river. To my surprise, Perry had his friends little John boat hooked up to the truck. After a bit of hesitation, I changed my clothes and loaded into the truck. With the baby. And the dog (the Lane's leave no man behind). We put into lake Lewisville at Oak Point and headed across the lake and down the river. We passed fellow fishermen, changed a poopy diaper, and joked about the back-up plan on the boat was a paddle that had been split in half.
Perry cast maybe a total of ten times then decided to head back. Once we got to the opening, the boat quit working. No joke. Stopped. And that half a paddle, not so funny anymore. Perry and I were not amused until Bose decided he wanted to try and jump ship. Seriously, the kid tried to leave us behind. Perry splashed us both with water and we just laughed from there on out.
Thankfully we were about half a mile from camp Copas and perry's sweet mother drove over to get us. She even had snacks in the car.

This is perry paddling us back to hore

No comments:

Post a Comment