Friday, April 3, 2009

Life just gets busier

We are officially on our last month before the wedding.... I am not sure that I will survive it. Every time I turn around there is something new to do! Yikes. And with work and softball it is a little more overwhelming than I had anticipated.

On a lighter note, Perry and I went to the farm the other week and we were checking the cattle when I spotted one lying down in the field (yes I will take credit:)) We got over there and figure out that it was a cow in labor!!! SO Perry got out and started the process of pulling the calf. I must say I was not prepared for all of that! Sparing anyone of the gruesome details, it was the most interesting thing I have ever seen! Unfortunately, when we got there the calf had already passed. But in order for the momma to live, the calf still needed to be pulled. I was so impressed with Perry's knowledge. Also I was so impressed with the concern of the rest of the cattle. They all circled around and watched! Although a bull did come up and try to ummm hump the cow in labor (not too different than human men;)), they all seemed genuinely concerned! And the horses did too. I just love animals and I tell Perry all the time how I just know that they talk and have real emotions.

Just a random happening in our lives but seemed worth sharing!

And I am so happy that I am not a cow, that birthing process looked like it was h-e !!

1 comment:

  1. excuse me....an update would be very much appreciated by your friend who doesnt get to see you as often as she would like :-)

    ReplyDelete